Your pocket square is one of the most important accessories or your clothing. Period.
It can enhance the way you deliver your fashion statement. It can also make you look fresh, trendy and respectable. Therefore, you have to take care of it in return. You must value it as it can give you a lot of advantage. Taking good care of your pocket square can also maximize its life so you can use it longer and in time, you will save some cash. If you want to get some idea about the proper way of taking care of your square pockets, you’re on the right page. Here, you will learn and get some tips on how to do that. So, are you ready?
Proper Way of Cleaning Your Pocket Square:
The safest way to properly manage the cleaning of your pocket square and not putting it into risk is dry cleaning. However, you need to keep in mind the following guidelines which you might want to consider:
Taking care of your linen and cotton Pocket Square:
- For your colored and patterned pocket squares, wash it with cool water with a 15-30 setting.
- Separate the white and plain pocket squares from colored and patterned to avoid staining the lighter pocket squares.
- For white pocket square, a warmer temperature is desirable for it to become whiter. You can check out the manual of your washing machine for further instructions.
- When drying it, better if you will let it dry normally. Avoid direct contact from sunlight as it can cause fading to the fabric.
- To remove the creases into your pocket squares, use an iron. Take extra care in setting the temperature. Linen pocket squares can crease easily so a higher temperature for this kind of cloth is recommended.
Taking care of Your Silk and wool Pocket Square:
- No doubt, silk is one of the most beautiful materials for pocket squares. However, cleaning it is quite a little bit harder. It is better if you will dry clean silk pocket squares.
- You can also clean them through hand-washing as long as you will use lukewarm water and just a small amount of detergent powder.
- After rinsing it with cold water, you can gently press it with a towel to dry it naturally. You have to avoid direct sunlight to protect the color of it from fading.
- If you want to remove the creases, do not set the iron with a high temperature. You also need to avoid it from getting direct contact to the iron. You can use a thin cloth and put it over your pocket square before ironing it.
Proper Storage of your Pocket Square
When you are not using it, instead of storing it folded, it’s better to make it flat in a sun and moist free environment. Proper caring of your pocket squares can give you a number of benefits in the long run. And this is why, at Glamorous Pochette, your pocket sqyare will come individually packaged in a custom white Box. Keep it safe, so it can grace your suits for years to come. Each box is imprinted to identify it as a Glamorous Pochette. What is more? It’s for FREE.
So, hopefully you acquired some hints and ideas on how to properly take good care of your best fashion accessory.
Until next time.